Wednesday, May 18, 2011

i follow rivers.

okay sooooo... life has become one very busy blur. and also incredibly expensive with things we HAVE to pay for.

i met a woman at the farmer's market who is a german pastry chef... i am in the process of getting in touch with her for our cake and hopefully some tastings. i am sort of anti fondant icing, but it looks so nice and clean and all that... but... it just doesn't taste all that great. in fact, the fondant icing i have had has tasted AWFUL. but the farmer's market woman said that i have probably only had fondant icing from a bucket... and she makes it from scratch and it tastes good. so i am willing to give it another shot and see how it goes.

i have one month left, as of today. tyler and i are meeting after he is done work to go and pick up our marriage license. we have to get white tarps and a kind of fabric to drape inside the tarps to make it look fancy for the back yard. our rental stuff is all set up. tyler and i both have shoes. the rings are paid for. i have a hair style picked, and someone to do it. dessy's plane ticket has been purchased. annnddd... time off has been booked.

there are so many things that need to be arranged and organized and sorted out. i don't even know what they are. or how to organize them. or arrange them. or sort them. i THINK we almost have the dinner stuff organized. we are going to talk about the mc stuff next week with the one mc that lives in vernon. i am soooo glad i don't actually have to worry about the food. i DO need to get some stuff for gabriel (he is our ring bearer) and i need to figure out what is going on with the flowers... we haven't heard back from tyler's grandma... and so we might be doing them ourselves. but... i don't think it would be that hard to go to the farmer's market and just get a bunch of flowers in the colours i want and just put them together for the bouquets.

annnnyway... that's about all that is going on in my brain. and right now i should be SEWING... so... i am going to go do that.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it's getting so close!! Exciting!!! I can't imagine all the things you have to do. I feel for ya. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa it's all happening so fast! You sound so overwhelmed...I hope everything pans out for you just the way you want it to! I'm sure you'll have a beautiful wedding, I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bethany... does that mean you aren't coming?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...no that doesn't mean that, I still don't know if I can come yet (I hope to come) but if I do I'll only be coming up for the day so I know I'll miss a lot of it, and also I know I won't see the actual ceremony which was what I was referring to.

    ReplyDelete