Saturday, February 11, 2012

torn.

i love when i get to play songs on the radio that i love. like this awesome 90's track...



i'm working in kelowna today. its so grey. so very very grey.

there is a remote on for a jewellery store. valentines and christmas always seem to baffle me when they are trying to sell you on spending hundreds of dollars on the most materialistic gifts - painting women as these superficial barbies who will be unhappy with their husbands/partners if they don't get somthing pretty, sparkly, and expensive.

diamond stud earrings are the last thing i would want. in fact, i don't really expect a gift from tyler at all for valentines day. i would much rather just have a nice dinner and do something fun together. we don't often take the time to do fun things just the two of us... it something i am always wanting to change. but it never seems like there is anything to do. i was really excited because we were planning a date night for tonight with sarah and kyle and my mom and dean... but... i realized like two days ago that i have to work tonight. total bummer. and it bums me out even more that my mom and dean and sarah and kyle are still going. but i hope they have a good time.

and now... i am going to carry on with my all day, all night work day.... it is basically just going to go on forever. with a small break to sleep, before i have to be back tomorrow morning bright and early for more WORK!

2 comments:

  1. Every time I leave a comment on your blog it never actually makes it to being published...just thought I'd let you know. I've tried to comment on the last two!

    I like your Valentine's Day 'tude. I feel the same way, it is much more exciting to spend some quality time together rather than get something hard n' sparkly to wear. I've never expected gifts on V.day either, I like looking at it as a time when you are especially reminded to show your loved ones that you care in little ways. Like picking flowers that remind you of him/her, taking time to compliment...that type of thing. Also, I like to go out and buy chocolate the following day, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly, i wouldn't throw diamond earrings back in his (theoretical his) face, but i definitely don't need expensive gifts. love=time. and there are so many ways to make people feel special.

    that is a big bummer about missing out on the date night. at least you can plan another one though. :)

    ReplyDelete