Sunday, February 13, 2011

oh sunshine.

it is a beautiful morning here in the okanagan. the sun is shining. it's a lovely 6 degrees already. i want spring and summer to be here so badly. i crave it. i want it to be warm so i don't have to wear hoodies and jackets and boots. but i want a nice warm spring - not cold, cold, cold, and then scorching hot, which is what usually happens here (for those of you who have never experienced an okanagan season change - it is usually very abrupt).

i am not, however, ready for this spring/summer season in particular. i know you have heard about it to no end... but i have a lot of things to do for the wedding. i set myself a list for this week. it is attainable. it's hard when you feel like you have a thousand things to do, because honestly... where do you start? but i'm trying to break it down to just a few at a time and take care of things that way. how did i ever get myself into this mess? really?

tomorrow is the start of week 5 of bootcamp. i'm feeling good. i'm really glad that i decided to do this. the only thing i worry about now... is keeping it up. at LEAST until june. i think biking should be an absolute must this summer as much as possible. and it shouldn't be so intimidating either considering i am in far better shape than i was last spring - thanks to bootcamp. i also need to motivate myself to continue being controlled when it comes to my eating habits. and remembering to eat every 3 hours.

and on that note... suzanne and i have a baking date on wednesday. she got the martha stewarrt cookies cookbook. we picked like 5 recipes to make. i'm really excited about it. some of the cookies look absolutely delicious. i like baking with a partner. it's so much more efficient.

i'll take some photos to share.

speaking of baking... we did this thing at the station called 'dish of the day' and the on air staff took turns bringing something in. i made the vegan chocolate mousse in cupcake size. i also melted white chocolate and mixed some of the tofu with that. and then i layered the dark chocolate with the white chocolate and swirled them together. it was pretty fancy. and delicious. i also used pecans instead of the called for cashews - which didn't really make a difference, but i didn't have any cashews. try it out!

4 comments:

  1. Yum that mousse sounds good! I'm ready for spring too. I don't know if your mom told you, but every time Sloan sees your engagement pictures (it's up on my bulletin board) he points and says Jesus. I have no idea where he gets it from, but I think it's funny, and thought you might too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO ready for winter to be over! Your wedding is coming up fast! It seems like you just got engaged. I'm sure it'll be wonderful.

    I want the recipe for that chocolate mousse thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also can't wait for spring!
    and I love hearing about your baking, it always inspires me to bake more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bean ,the recipe is from the Rebar Cookbook - the Chocolate Mousse blackout - its the same one we brought to girls weekend last time there was one.

    ReplyDelete