Monday, March 29, 2010

ma jolie.

i was supposed to be working today, but my mom called this morning to tell me they had a big cancellation. she was going to try and call at 8:00 to see if she could book the rest of the day back up... but i decided that the day off was much needed and i would just not work today. probably not the SMARTEST decision financially... but... i think i need it. i need to get some cleaning and stuff done (laundry, dishes, stuff...) before everyone comes into town. and i know i am going to be working tomorrow and wednesday (... as far as i know, anyway). it feels better to just chill out today. i am going with my mom to get bethany in kamloops. that should be fun. she is the first out of towner arriving - and it just builds on my excitement about everyone coming.

went for dinner at tyler's mom's last night. we spent a good portion of time sitting on our own in the living room while most of the family was talking in the kitchen. it was intense. especially after being up at 5:00 am for work, and then napping all afternoon so i could stay up long enough for dinner. i had basically just woken up. and there was this kid running around... WAY TOO MUCH ENERGY. haha. but it was a really nice time. good dinner. today is tyler's sister's birthday, and his step brother's is on friday... so it was a birthday dinner of sorts for the two of them.

the way amy writes about employment and employers makes me feel lucky about my jobs. moreso about working for my parents. it isn't that the job itself is fun, although it isn't that hard and i like being outside, but its the way i am treated. i know that my mom will try her best to find work when i need the money. and they don't expect anything unrealistic from me. they aren't just always trying to squeeze as much as they can out of me. dean thinks i do a good job, and he likes working with me, which makes me feel good about the job that i do. i know that i am never going to get taken advantage of, because really... who is going to look out for my best interests more than my parents? its nice.

i have it pretty good. and i am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I feel lucky too. I mean, right now I'm not actually working, but I have a job waiting for me that I enjoy and my bosses are so nice and laid back...I think having a job you like makes such a big difference in the quality of your life. You are lucky that your mom tries to get work for you when you need it. You always have something to fall back on. I know I'm blabbing, but I would love to have a day to just organize and clean my house- but unfortunately my "work" is at home in my house constantly interrupting and undoing everything I do. So, be thankful for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ARE lucky! I admit I'm envious of that situation. Must give you such a comfortable feeling of security.

    ReplyDelete